Values and rights, rule of law, security
#TheFutureIsYours Looking after citizens’ freedoms
Europe at war for its values. How is the conflict in Ukraine changing the EU?
Where do we go from here? How do we react now, to defend our European values?
How should the EU develop its military capacities to ensure the protection of its members and its allies? What is the plan to change our energy supplies and no longer depend on dictators? What can be done to react to the impact of the war on the global food supply? How is the EU managing the arrival of the millions of Ukrainian refugees that fled the country?
We will be discussing it with two Members of the European Parliament:
- Lukas Mandl, Member of the European Parliament from Austria, he is a member of the Group of the European People’s Party. He is the Vice-President of the Subcommittee on Security and Defence and a member of the Committee on Foreign Affairs, the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs, and the Special Committee on Foreign Interference in all Democratic Processes in the European Union, including Disinformation;
- Lena Düpont, Member of the European Parliament from Germany, she is a member of the Group of the European People’s Party. She sits on the Committee on Civil Liberties, Justice and Home Affairs and, as a substitute member, on the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development.
This debate will take place within the framework of the Conference on the future of Europe. For this reason, you will have the opportunity to participate in two workshops before the debate. These workshops will be animated by the Young Europeans of Strasbourg and the aim will be to propose ideas and comments to submit to our guest speakers and on the platform of the Conference.
76 Allée de la Robertsau, 67000 Strasbourg
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/ValuesRights/f/11/meetings/152296/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account