#TheFutureIsYours Managing migration through a predictable, balanced and reliable system
Managing migration through a predictable, balanced and reliable system
Addressing migration requires a modern European Union migration and asylum system, border management, cooperation with partner countries and fighting migrant smuggling. It also means protecting those who are fleeing violence and integrating newcomers into our society.
Choose one of the following categories to make your proposals.
- Asylum and Migration
- Integrated Border Management
- Deepening international cooperation
- Legal migration and integration
What is the EU doing?
For the EU to provide common solutions, migration requires a balanced and inclusive approach.
The Commission has proposed a number of legislative proposals under the umbrella of its "New Pact on Migration and Asylum", as part of a comprehensive approach to addressing migration. It looks at improving cooperation with the countries of origin and transit, ensuring effective procedures, safe legal pathways, successful integration of migrants who have the right to stay in the EU, and return of those who do not. The EU focus is also on the strengthening of the external border, improving border management, including by rolling-out new information systems, and fighting migrant smuggling.
Want to find out more on this topic?
- New Pact on Migration and Asylum – proposal of the European Commission
- Migration: what the European Parliament is doing
- Asylum and migration: facts and figures
- Asylum and Migration - EU migration policy (Council of the EU)
- Strengthening the external borders (Council of the EU)
- IT systems supporting Asylum and Migration policies (Council of the EU)
- Borders and security
Events - Past events (see all 192)
Ideas See all ideas (948)
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Migration/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
What is happening at this topic?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account