Climate change and the environment
#TheFutureIsYours Leading the way for a more sustainable future
n anticipation of COP26 that will take place in November in Glasgow, the Architects’ Council of Europe is organising a public conference, on Thursday 28 October in Brussels to discuss the solutions that a high-quality architecture can offer to mitigate climate change and help our society to adapt its effects.
It will focus on the mindset and attitude towards the built environment that is required to initiate quality planning processes – a prerequisite for the design of low-carbon and climate resilient buildings, public spaces and cities. The event will be designed as an opportunity to discuss ongoing EU policy initiatives (EU Climate Law, Renovation Wave strategy, New European Bauhaus), as well as city and landscape planning, mobility, circular economy, re-use of the heritage – through some architectonically excellent projects.
The conference will be opened by Anna HERINGER, Winner of the 2021 New European Bauhaus Awards in the category “Solutions for the co-evolution of built environment and nature” followed in the afternoon by a keynote speech by Martin RAUCH, Winner of the 2021 New European Bauhaus Awards in the category “Techniques, materials and processes for construction and design.
Rue Washington 40
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/GreenDeal/f/2/meetings/66463/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account