Climate change and the environment
#TheFutureIsYours Leading the way for a more sustainable future
Shaping the EU’s climate transition: European citizens take the floor
On 29 April, selected citizens will present their recommendations on a just climate transition to the European Commission’s Vice President responsible for the European Green Deal, Frans Timmermans, its Director-General for Research and Innovation, Jean-Eric Paquet, and its Deputy Director-General of the Director-General for Climate Action, Clara de la Torre. The citizens who will present their recommendations to the European Commission have been chosen among those who participated in the Peer Parliaments organised by DG CLIMA and the Citizens’ Panels organised by DG RTD / Research Executive Agency between November 2021 and March 2022.
This event is for EU policy-makers to hear citizens’ ideas and opinions on sustainable food and consumption, sustainable energy, and sustainable transport. It will be an opportunity for the citizens to present the results of their deliberations and discuss future actions for climate adaptation with those responsible for making climate policy happen.
Click on “Go to the event website” below to watch the session.
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/GreenDeal/f/2/meetings/155431/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account