Climate change and the environment
#TheFutureIsYours Leading the way for a more sustainable future
Green Deal, Social Deal : How can the ecological transition be an opportunity for all ?
Members of Jeunes Européens-Strasbourg will hold a 30 minutes workshop prior to the conference, and the staff of Association Parlementaire Européenne will moderate the debate.
76 allée de la Robertsau, 67000 Strasbourg
Event reportMEPs Bernhuber and Benifei discussed the topics Green Deal and Social Deal for 1h30. They agreed that EU is the relevant level to tackle climate change, and that the EU does a lot about it. They promised to defend the Fit for 55 package during negociations. However, they diverged on more philosophical issues. MEP Bernhuber was mainly defending the idea that the market is an efficient tool to take this challenge, while MEP Benifei would rather be in favour of slowly changing paradigms, but said he would still defend the Fit fir 55 package because the European decision mode is based on consensus, and no consensus could emerge on too radical propositions. Both MEPs agreed that Green Deal meant also a new Social Deal, in a nutshell, renewing social justice to help poorer populations to take the qualitative change toward more sustainable practices.
Take into account carbon emissions coming from imported products
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/GreenDeal/f/2/meetings/122168/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account