Climate change and the environment
#TheFutureIsYours Leading the way for a more sustainable future
CSR Europe "For Climate Action & a Just Transition - Transforming our ecosystems"
neutrality and the urgency for the adoption of an inclusive approach to the green, digital, and
demographic transition. The pandemic and its fallout exposed deep divisions within society, affecting
the most vulnerable people. Already in 2015, the Paris Agreement recognized how shifting towards a
resilient, carbon-neutral, digital economy would boost prosperity and drive net job creation in the
long-term. However, for this transition to succeed, climate action needs to go hand in hand with social
In this context, businesses have a key responsibility and role to play to embed societal concerns in
their governance, priorities, models and in their approach to investments and finance.
Business transformation requires more than individual company efforts. Sector collaborations,
impact-oriented actions and new forms of PPPs are key to bring change in our ecosystems and to
enhance the livelihoods of citizens, workers and consumers. This is what the European Pact for
Sustainable Industry is all about: a duty to collaborate within and between all industry sectors and
federations to make the European Green Deal and the UN SDGs a success.
At the eve of the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference (COP26), the European SDG
Summit will be the last milestone for EU, civil society and business leaders to unite their forces to
make the European Green Deal, its climate strategy and Pact a cornerstone of the global effort against
climate change and social exclusion.
Why you should participate
In this first plenary session, you will interact with:
- Leaders sharing how they transform their organisation and manage the climate transition
through the proximity with and the continuous empowerment of employees, suppliers,
investors, consumers, and communities.
- Moody’s VigeoEiris presenting with CSR Europe the 1
st European Sustainable Industry
Barometer on the sustainability and climate performance of European industry sectors and
federations, demonstrating also where additional collaborative and policy efforts are needed
- EU leaders providing a State of the Union on Climate Action and Just Transition
If your ambition is to foster a true sustainability culture withing your enterprise, your industry
federation, your collaboration with business and investors or your European policy agenda, then this
Plenary is for you!
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/GreenDeal/f/2/meetings/10363/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account