Climate change and the environment
#TheFutureIsYours Leading the way for a more sustainable future
Leading the way for a more sustainable future
The battle against climate change and environmental damage is an urgent issue for the European Union and across the globe. To achieve a better world for us all, we need a strategy where Europe can continue leading the world on a path to sustainability and climate neutrality.
Choose one of the following categories to submit your ideas.
- Using resources efficiently for a circular economy
- Restoring biodiversity and cutting pollution
Ensuring a fair and inclusive transition
What is the EU doing?
The European Green Deal is our plan to make the European Union's economy sustainable turning climate and environmental challenges into opportunities, and making the transition fair and inclusive for all.
The Green Deal is the new growth strategy that aims to transform the European Union into a modern, climate neutral, resource-efficient and competitive economy. This future would include:
- no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
- economic growth uncoupled from resource use
- no person or place is left behind in the transition to a climate-neutral and resilient society
EU missions are a major contribution to the goals of the European Green Deal. Each mission will operate as a portfolio of actions – such as research projects, policy measures or even legislative initiatives - to achieve a measurable goal that could not be achieved through individual actions. They are an integral part of the Horizon Europe framework programme.
Want to find out more on this topic?
- European Green Deal
- Climate change: what the European Parliament is doing
- Circular economy and waste reduction: what the European Parliament is doing
- Climate change - what the EU is doing
- Biodiversity - how the EU protects nature
- Climate neutrality - 5 facts about the EU's goal of climate neutrality
EU support to climate and environment related research and innovation
- EU missions for: Adaptation to Climate Change; Restore our Ocean and Waters; Climate-Neutral and Smart Cities; Soil Deal for Europe