Education, culture, youth and sport
#TheFutureIsYours Education, culture, youth and sport in Europe
Education, culture, youth and sport in Europe
Education, culture, youth and sport policies primarily fall under the responsibility of Member States. Still, the EU supports and complements their actions by facilitating cooperation between them. This includes financial support and related activities, such as the Erasmus+ programme for transnational mobility and the Creative Europe programme supporting the Cultural and Creative sectors.
Choose one of the following categories to make your proposals.
What is the EU doing?
The EU supports efforts to provide the best possible education and training. It promotes multilingualism in Europe, encourages mobility of students, trainees, teachers and young people, and facilitates exchanges of information and experience.
The EU also safeguards and promotes its cultural heritage, its cultural and linguistic diversity and supports the cultural and creative, including audio-visual, sectors.
In order to give young people more opportunities in education and the job market, and to make sure they can participate fully in all areas of society, the EU has developed various actions, in dialogue with young Europeans and through the Erasmus+ programme and the European Solidarity Corps.
Want to find out more on this topic?
Education & Youth
- Education (European Commission)
- Erasmus +
- Erasmus+: what the European Parliament is doing
- European Youth portal
- European Youth Event (EYE): European Parliament event for young people
Events - Upcoming events See all events (1105)
Ideas See all ideas (2060)
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Education/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
What is happening at this topic?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account