Education, culture, youth and sport
#TheFutureIsYours Education, culture, youth and sport in Europe
Your Europe, Your Say! - The Truth about Lies - Youth challenging Disinformation
"Your Europe, Your Say!" (YEYS) is an event organised by the European Economic and Social Committee, the voice of civil society in Europe. YEYS is the Committee's flagship event for young people and started in 2010, with the aim of connecting Europe's youngest citizens with the European Union.
Every year, 16-18-year-old students from all EU Member States and candidate countries come to Brussels for two days and work together to draw up resolutions, which are then passed on to the EU institutions. These resolutions contain the students' ideas, proposals, and hopes for their future as European citizens. Due to the health crisis restrictions, the YEYS! event has taken place entirely remotely for the last two years.
Any secondary school in an EU Member State or candidate country can apply to send three students to participate in YEYS. Through this initiative, the EESC hopes to ensure that the views, experiences, and ideas of Europe's younger generations are taken on board in the EU policy-making process.
Watch the YEYS 2022 video: https://www.eesc.europa.eu/en/agenda/our-events/events/your-europe-your-say-2022/video-and-powerpoint-school-visits
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Education/f/37/meetings/145366/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account