A stronger economy, social justice and jobs
#TheFutureIsYours An economy that works for you
An economy that works for you
The coronavirus pandemic is an unprecedented challenge for European and global economies. It has had a direct impact on individuals, families and businesses, particularly small- and medium-sized businesses, which form the backbone of our economy.
EU countries need to work together to ensure that our unique social market economy allows businesses to thrive, while protecting those in need.
Choose one of the following categories to submit your ideas.
- Coronavirus recovery
- Boosting jobs, growth and investment
- A more inclusive and fairer economy
What is the EU doing?
The EU is working on a fair and inclusive recovery that will repair the economic and social damage caused by the pandemic, while investing in a green and digital future.
To do so, it has agreed on an unprecedented €1.8 trillion financial package. This covers both the EU’s 2021-27 budget and NextGenerationEU - a recovery instrument designed to make our economies and societies more resilient and sustainable.
Want to find out more on this topic?
- An economy that works for people
- The Recovery plan for Europe NextGenerationEU
- Social inclusion and security: what the European Parliament is doing
- Economy: what the European Parliament is doing
- A Recovery plan for Europe (Council of the EU)
- Climate finance - financing the climate transition
- Digital finance
- Regional policy
Events - Upcoming events See all events (614)
Ideas See all ideas (2193)
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Economy/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
What is happening at this topic?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account