EU in the world
#TheFutureIsYours Reinforcing responsible global leadership
Roundtable Discussion on the State of the European Union 2021: What will it mean for Ireland?
This will then be followed by a panel discussion incorporating contributions and Q&A from the audience.
Themes/Topics of the Discussion:
• The State of the Union debate (SOTEU) is the moment in which the President of the Commission addresses the European Parliament, taking stock of the past year and presenting priorities for the year ahead.
• This event will provide the opportunity for key Irish stakeholders and webinar participants to have their say on what they want to hear in this year’s State of the Union address and debate.
• Our panel of stakeholders and MEPs will speak for three minutes each, highlighting three issues they want to hear about in the State of the Union debate, which will take place on 15 September in the European Parliament. This will be followed by a panel discussion where we will welcome contributions from webinar participants in the live debate and on social media
Event report243 people tuned in to watch the event live and since then there have been 480 views of the event on youtube & social media. Excellent event, with pertinent questions asked and smooth running from a technical point of view. Very much helped prepare the audience for the upcoming SOTEU address by President von der Leyen.
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/EUInTheWorld/f/17/meetings/54484/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account