EU in the world
#TheFutureIsYours Reinforcing responsible global leadership
Encuesta a la ciudadanía de la provincia de Barcelona sobre el futuro de Europa
• 1.000 encuestas telefónicas de las cuales:
- 400 encuentas se realizaron a personas de entre 15 y 29 años.
- 600 encuestas se realizaron a personas de 30 años o más.
• El trabajo de campo se ha realizado entre los días 20 de enero y 8 de febrero de 2022.
2. Hitos alcanzados por la Unión Europea.
3. La participación de los ciudadanos y el futuro de la Unión.
4. La Unión Europea y el mundo local.
5. La visión de los jóvenes sobre su futuro de la Unión Europea
Event reportThe main conclusions of the work in relation to young people and the Europe Union are the following: According to the interviewed, belonging to the European Union has benefited Spain in a 77.8%. This positive view does not contradict the perception that 39.7% who believe that the European Union needs radical changes to face its future, and a 52.7% simply say that it needs changes. When it comes to analysing the direction of these changes, the interviewed mention: more social policies, more balance of power between countries and better economic policy. Perhaps one of the most highlighted facts about adults is that 54.1% of those surveyed believe that the European Union offers young people a future perspective. Among young people, this figure is slightly higher. Thus, 60.1% of young people consider that the Union offers them a future. Among the policies that need to be prioritized to address the global challenges of the European Union, the survey highlights: climate change (24.8%), education (18.5%), job creation (17 %), equal opportunities (14.9%) and health and the health system (14.8%). Looking ahead, the poll also shows that 65.5% would like a European Union with more decision-making power. This view is consistent with the fact that 27% believe that more weight should be given to the regions. The work also highlights in a 90.2% that local governments should be further taken into account in the future construction of the Union. Concerning the European values, the study highlights that freedom of opinion, peace, tolerance and openness to others, and social equality and solidarity, symbolize the European Union in more or less than 60%. These are the values that, according to the interviewed, better represent Europeans compared to other countries. And the aspect related to young people, among which we can say that Europe has a high level of acceptance and that 60,1% agree that the European Union offers them a perspective for the future. However, this view is completed by a significant ignorance of the interviewed when we refer, for example, to the degree of knowledge of a specific action. For example, 70.9% of young people have never heard of an EU co-funded project. In conclusion, we can say that Europe has a high level of acceptance among the population of the province of Barcelona, including the young population, whose citizens are clear about the values on which the European way of presenting themselves to the world is based; that climate change is the main global challenge we face; that in the future of Europe there must be space for the contribution of the regions and the local world but that its future requires as well a clear commitment to proximity, to make it more tangible, excited and comprehensible in the eyes of the citizens and, with special emphasis, with a clear orientation towards young people.
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/EUInTheWorld/f/17/meetings/147379/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account