Are natural solutions fit for climate only? - High Level Panel (EDD21)
Organised by Wetlands International European Association, CARE Nederland, Cordaid, The Netherlands Red Cross, Red Cross Red Crescent Climate Centre, United Nations Environment Programme, United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Well-managed ecosystems, such as wetlands, forests and coastal systems, act as natural infrastructure, reducing physical exposure to many hazards and increasing socio-economic resilience of people and communities by sustaining local livelihoods and providing essential natural resources such as food, water and building materials.
Panellists will share community -based eco-DRR examples and raise awareness on the need to scaling up investments in NBS; recognising that avoiding further degradation of ecosystems and integrating nature into the design of infrastructure and development projects is key and cost-effective to achieve not only climate goals but also Agenda 2030, biodiversity and DRR targets.
Registration to EDD21 is compulsory to attend this event. Please go to www.eudevdays.eu/login or click "Join event"
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/EUInTheWorld/f/17/meetings/10606/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account