EU in the world
#TheFutureIsYours Reinforcing responsible global leadership
Reinforcing responsible global leadership
The coronavirus pandemic is a powerful reminder that Europe can only tackle global challenges through global cooperation. Together, we can address the critical issues such as peace and security, climate change, sustainable development and the global recovery.
Choose one of the following categories to submit your ideas.
- Foreign policy
- Security and defence
- Trade policy
- Neighbourhood policy and enlarging the European Union
- Development cooperation
- Humanitarian aid and civil protection
What is the EU doing?
The EU champions multilateralism and a rules-based global order. It seeks a coordinated approach to external action - from trade and international partnerships to foreign security and defence policy - that secures a stronger and more united voice for Europe in the world. We also work closely with neighbouring countries, introducing a comprehensive strategy for our relations with Africa and reaffirming the European perspective for the countries of the Western Balkans.
Want to find out more on this topic?
- A stronger Europe in the world
- The EU's external relations: what Parliament is doing
- Sakharov Prize: European Parliament award for freedom of thought
- How is the EU providing help? EU Civil protection
- Restrictive measures - sanctions: how and when the EU adopts restrictive measures
- Global Europe: the value of free and fair trade