IDEEuropa. Discussions about the Europe of tomorrow. 6th Edition: Digital transition: between challenge and opportunity
This month LSRS Italy (The League of Romanian Students Abroad) is organizing a debate regarding the process of digitalisation in Romania and the European investments in this field for the next decades to come.
Undoubtedly the process of digitalisation represents the new way for the development of society and a firm step forward. However, one must take into consideration the social and ethical issues that arise from the process of digitalisation in the most important social areas, such as: Internet and social media, robotics, military and defense industry, education, business, communication and digital platforms and medicine.
As a consequence of the fast growing advanced technologies that shape our present and future, we would like to bring to light the main concerns of people and teens regarding the process of digitalisation: they are concerned about their privacy, security, human dignity, justice, and the balance of political power.
Also, in this debate we are going to talk about public education in Romania during the pandemic period and to underline one of the most important issues, such as online teaching. We are going to analyze the advantages and disadvantages of it and the new perspectives of online education in the future.
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Digital/f/14/meetings/116294/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account