Since June 2021, we have gathered young people's ideas on the future of Europe. We have talked to them during local and national events, online workshops and an online campaign. The over 4,000 ideas they submitted by the end of November 2021 have been read, analysed and summarised in a report (https://the25percent.eu/wp-content/uploads/25-report-final.pdf).
But what happened then?
On 24 February 2022, we have invited over 100 youth activists, campaigners and change makers to discuss your ideas and turn them into concrete recommendations for the Conference on the Future of Europe.
They have worked in four groups, focusing on different thematics:
- Climate change and sustainability
- Jobs, Labour Market, Employments, and Social Rights
- Education and Digital transition
- European Democracy and values, migration, EU in the world
In total, they drafted 13 recommendations, which you can read here: https://the25percent.eu/wp-content/uploads/25-recommendations-final.pdf
On the same day, they presented those recommendations to members of the Plenary of the Conference on the Future of Europe:
- Alice-Mary Higgins, Senator, Ireland, Independent
- Sirpa Pietikäinen, MEP, Finland, EPP
- Louis Tilemachou, Secretary General for European Affairs, Foreign Ministry of Cyprus.
- Christian Buchmann, MP, Austria, Österreichische Volkspartei
- Gabriele Bischoff, MEP, Germany, S&D
- Brando Benifei, MEP, Italy, S&D
- Laurence Farreng, MEP, France, RE
- Marc Angel, MEP, Luxembourg, S&D
Questions? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please paste this code in your page:
<noscript><iframe src="https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Democracy/f/5/meetings/113950/embed.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="vertical"></iframe></noscript>
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account