Terms and Conditions
The site, accessible with the following url: FuturEU.europa.eu, is operated in compliance with the EU legislation. The use of this site is governed by the present general conditions. By using the site, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted these conditions. They may be modified at any time and without notice by the Publisher, which cannot be held responsible in any way for any misuse of the service.
ARTICLE 1 – DEFINITIONS
For the interpretation of these General Terms and Conditions of Use (GTCU) of the Platform, the terms used hereafter, in the plural or singular, are defined as follows:
- Contributor: means any person who has created an "Account" by which she or he connects using a login and password that are strictly personal and confidential and who intervenes on the Platform either to publish an idea, to endorse or comment on an idea published on the Platform, or to register and report an event.
- Contribution: means any idea written by a Contributor and subject to modification within a period of 30 minutes, a comment on an idea, or an event registration or report.
- The Conference on the Future of Europe Platform: means the online Platform accessible to all and gathering the ideas and reports of the Contributors and the Publisher.
- Content: means any content published by a Contributor on the Platform, and in particular any idea or comment on an idea, as well as event reporting.
- Account: means the personal space of a Contributor on the FuturEU.europa.eu site allowing them to access specific content and to contribute to the creation of Content on the Platform.
- Platform: designates the dematerialized tool, accessible to all via the Internet and through which Users may contribute via their "Account".
- Visitor: designates any person having access to and/or using the Platform without having opened an "Account".
ARTICLE 2 – PURPOSE
The purpose of the present GTCU is to define the terms and conditions of use of the Participation Platform proposed by the Publisher and accessible to all.
Contributors are invited to participate in the following ways:
- Example 1: By giving their opinion on ideas already published on the Platform, by supporting them or commenting on them.
- Example 2: By sharing their proposal to enrich the whole project with their experience and ideas.
- Example 3: By registering an event they organise and reporting on it afterwards.
ARTICLE 3 - SCOPE OF APPLICATION
The Platform’s Terms and Conditions of Use apply, without restriction or reservation, to all services offered on the Platform.
The Platform's Terms and Conditions of Use are additional, where applicable, to the special conditions applicable to certain services offered in the various sections of the Site.
The Platform's Terms and Conditions of Use take effect as of their publication on the Site and remain in force until they are partially or totally modified by the Publisher.
ARTICLE 4 - CONTENT MODERATION
It is the Contributors' responsibility to ensure that their Content does not infringe the rights and freedoms of others and complies with the regulations in force.
The publication of Contents provided by the Contributor is subject to moderation a posteriori by the Publisher, which reserves the right to hide any Content that does not comply with laws and regulations, these Terms of Conditions or the Conference Charter.
The Contributor and the Visitor are invited to report to the Publisher any Content that is contrary to the principles and values listed above and in the Conference Charter, via the reporting links on the Site or by starting a conversation with our moderation team.
ARTICLE 5 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF THE PUBLISHER
The information contained on this site is as accurate as possible and the site is periodically updated, but may contain inaccuracies, omissions or gaps. If you notice a gap, error or what appears to be a malfunction, please report it to our moderation team describing the problem as precisely as possible (page causing the problem, action triggered, type of computer and browser used...).
Any downloaded content is done at the user's own risk and under the user's sole responsibility. Consequently, the Publisher cannot be held responsible for any damage to the user's computer or any loss of data resulting from downloading.
The hypertext links set up within the framework of this website to other resources on the Internet do not engage the responsibility of the Publisher.
Please also refer to the Disclaimer of the site.
ARTICLE 6 - RIGHT OF ACCESS AND CONFIDENTIALITY