General information / approach:
Sweden has a long tradition of organising, participating, and engaging with different citizens
through our societal and association activities. Hence, Sweden focuses on using the channels it has established to raise awareness about the Conference and strengthen citizens’ dialogues and engagement in the Conference. Sweden maintains a decentralized approach and is implementing the Conference on the Future of Europe as a joint exercise between the government office, national parliament, political parties, social partners, local- and regional representatives, civil society organisations and other relevant societal stakeholders.
Overview of main national events and initiatives:
- Sweden is organising consultations with different stakeholders, including civil society and social partners to inform and guide their participation in the Conference as well as to collect feedback from them. Conclusions from these exercises are compiled.
- Sweden’s EU minister visits high schools and universities to engage in dialogue about Europe’s future with students.
- Sweden’s EU minister participates in town square meetings to engage in dialogue with citizens at a local level on the future of Europe and democracy. This initiative is in cooperation with a commission set up to raise awareness on democracy in Sweden.
- Sweden uses digital media to engage in citizens' dialogues through, for instance, Q&A sessions, in which the EU minister has participated.
Other relevant links:
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account