General information / approach:
The Dutch national citizen consultations consist of two elements. First, The Netherlands Institute for Social Research (SCP) has published a memorandum with quantitative research. Second, from 1 September 2021 until 14 November 2021, the Dutch national consultations “Visions of Europe” (Kijk op Europa) took place.
“Visions of Europe” is a national consultation that allows the people of the Netherlands to give their opinion and share their ideas about the future of Europe. It consists of a two-phase approach: firstly gathering thoughts and opinions of people on ‘what’ they expect and want (through an online survey and ‘swipe’-tool), followed up by the second phase focused on understanding the underlying opinion (‘why’ and ‘how’) through group dialogues.
In January 2022, the final report on the national consultations is presented and submitted to the digital platform.
Overview of main national events and initiatives:
- SCP memorandum ‘Dutch citizens’ expectations and perceptions of the European Union, providing insights for further elaboration in the various theme-based citizens’ dialogues
Dutch national consultations “Visions of Europe” (Kijk op Europa)
- Intermediate Report on online consultations
- National citizens’ dialogues (panels) - citizens’ dialogues carried out by an independent and objective external organisation, both online and in person. In order to reach and engage young people and harder-to-reach target groups, special dialogues have been organised on various locations, designed in cooperation with representatives of their (local) interest groups, in order to align with their context.
- National Citizens’ Panel, summary report – Netherlands (1)
- National Citizens’ Panel, summary report – Netherlands (2)
Other relevant links: