Luxembourg gives its full support to the initiative of the Conference on the Future of Europe. A number of debates, conferences and other events are organised at the national level, which allow for an open, inclusive and transparent debate on Europe's priorities and challenges. Events are also organised by various stakeholders.
Overview of main national events and initiatives:
- 9 May 2021 – Exchange in Schengen between citizens, MEPs and Commissioner Nicolas Schmit on the theme of the Conference on the Future of Europe
- 21 June 2021 – Trinational exchange with German, French and Luxembourg high school students. Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Jean Asselborn, and the Minister Delegate for European affairs of Germany, Michael Roth, took part in the podium discussion.
- September 2021 onwards – National campaign launched by the Luxembourg Chamber of Deputies, touching on a number of issues identified by the citizens themselves and based on their expectations. As part of the campaign, the Parliament is organising a number of events using new formats such as “bistrot talks”, discussion groups on thematic issues and the Parliament@Home scheme.
- 26 September 2021 – Cross-border bike tour with Luxembourgish and European Members of Parliament
- 15 November 2021 – Hackathon for students and young entrepreneurs during which they discussed their vision of Europe in 2030 in an exchange around the Digital Compass and the EU industrial strategy, in the presence of Prime Minister Xavier Bettel, Minister Franz Fayot, and Commissioner Thierry Breton
- 18 November 2021 – Exchange around the solidarity in EU Member States with students, Minister of Foreign and European Affairs, Jean Asselborn and MEPs
- December 2021 (tbc) – Event on cross-border regions and barriers to free movement, organised by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs