The Italian government strongly supports the Conference on the Future of Europe, hoping that it will bring up proposals for changes in the areas that matter most to the European citizens, which the European institutions will have then to collect and translate into concrete actions. In order to implement the Italian participation to the Conference, a Scientific Committee has been set up, composed of 35 qualified experts in European issues.
A wide array of events (seminars, debates and discussion panels) – with a special focus on youth –have been planned or are being set up throughout Italy, in order to reach as many citizens as possible, also thanks to the active support of local authorities.
The Italian Government is also committed to raise as much as possible the awareness on the Conference, through a wide-ranging media campaign.
Overview of main national events and initiatives:
- High-level event co-chaired by the two Italian representatives to the CoFE, 9 December 2021 (Rome)
- EU-Balkan Youth forum, 22-26 November 2021 (Rome), aimed at involving young people from the Western Balkans in the debate on the future of the EU, to keep alive the perspective of their joining the EU
- Med Dialogues – Youth forum, 2-4 December 2021 (Rome), aimed at engaging young people from the Southern Neighbourhood countries, with a focus on climate transition
- Four national panels
- “Let's meet in... to talk about the future of Europe”:
Venice - 2 December 2021
Milan – 20 January 2022
Naples – 11 February 2022
Lecce – 11 March 2022
Parma – March 2022
Catania – March 2022
Teramo – April 2022
Ventotene – 9 May 2022
Rome- closing event – June 2022.
- “Live chat with students and teachers on the themes of the Conference on the Future of Europe”
- Two competitions, one for secondary school students ("Europe is in your hands!") and another for university students in Italy