Additional information on each topic
Choose one of the following categories to make your proposals.
- Have your say on European Union policies - both during elections and outside of election periods. How can we engage people further in European affairs?
- Protecting our democracies - How can we best ensure free and fair elections?
- Media - How to strengthen media freedom?
- Disinformation - How can we combat disinformation?
To help you choose, here are some issues the European Union is already tackling or plans to tackle, for each of these categories:
Have your say on our policies
- Voting in European Parliament elections and strengthening the link between citizens, their vote and the politicians who represent them
- European Citizens’ Initiatives – where you can call on the European Commission to propose new laws
- Citizens’ dialogues – public debates on EU policies
- Have your say – a platform for citizens and businesses to share their views on existing laws and new EU policies
- Together.eu – a European-wide community that encourages everyone to participate in democracy
- Petitions – addressed to the European Parliament by citizens on any EU policy area
Protecting our democracies
- Giving people reliable information on the EU
- Free and fair elections.
- Strengthening media freedom and pluralism
- Combating disinformation