General information / approach:
Despite the restrictions related to COVID-19, Bulgaria is making efforts for broad involvement of the citizens, especially the young people, in the debate on the future of Europe, building on its experience from the first Bulgarian presidency of the Council of the EU and the citizen consultations in 2018. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs coordinates with the representatives of the European Commission and the European Parliament in Sofia, for the purpose of organising joint events and using their regional centres around the country and contacts with civil society organisations.
On 16 July 2021, the European Parliament’s Office in Sofia together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs organised a kick off event in hybrid format. On 12 October 2021, a civil dialogue on Demography and Democracy took place. Several local events have been held in the big university cities, organised with the assistance of Europe Direct centers.
Overview of main national events and initiatives:
- Opening ceremony on 16 July 2021: "How to hear the voice of the citizens through the Conference on the Future of Europe?" , with the participation of Bulgarian MEPs and the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, all of them delegates to the Conference, and representatives of the citizens. The aim of the event was to introduce the Conference to the general public and stakeholders and to encourage the citizens to take an active part in it.
- Citizen dialogue on Demography and Democracy, 12 October 2021, organised by the Ministries of Foreign and European Affairs of Bulgaria and Croatia, the Representation of the European Commission in Bulgaria and PanEuropa. The discussion was opened by the Bulgarian Minister of Foreign Affairs Svetlan Stoev and the Croatian Minister of Foreign and European Affairs Gordan Grlić-Radman. European Commission Vice-President Dubravka Šuica presented the Atlas of Demography.
- European Parliament
- European Council
- Council of the European Union
- European Commission
- Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU)
- European Central Bank (ECB)
- European Court of Auditors (ECA)
- European External Action Service (EEAS)
- European Economic and Social Committee (EESC)
- European Committee of the Regions (CoR)
- European Investment Bank (EIB)
- European Ombudsman
- European Data Protection Supervisor (EDPS)
- European Data Protection Board
- European Personnel Selection Office
- Publications Office of the European Union
Please log in
You can access with an external account